Across America, the number of deaths from illicit drug overdoses equals about one commercial airplane crash per day, with no survivors. In Ohio, the current pace has us experiencing the equivalent of a 9/11 death toll about every nine months. In Dayton, Ohio, and Montgomery County, there has been recent national attention for having the highest overdose death rate per capita in the country.
Mission Addiction (MA) provides a lifeline of support and resources to individuals and loved ones struggling, no matter where you are in your journey. Our team has been touched by addiction personally and has seen the damage it does to families. We have the compassion, faith, and business expertise and we’re building an organization that can make your recovery journey easier.
What Makes Us Different?
- Christian faith community
- Focus on:
- All addiction vs. the opioid crisis only
- Both prevention and treatment
- The entire addiction spectrum and treatment system
- The greater Dayton area and beyond vs. only one county or city
- The root causes of addiction, including coping skills, stigma, and the physical-emotional-relational-spiritual connection
- An open, weekly support meeting for both individuals and loved ones
- Education, counseling, faith study, and mentoring for our entire recovery community, including volunteers
- 1-stop referral source for resources and services
- Social events
- Dozens of flexible volunteer options for personal growth
Mission Addiction is building and training an army of people who are ready, willing, and able to help those who need and want it. Check out the rest of our website to learn more and get involved!
Anything is possible when we walk together.™